The best children's clothing available on the market today. We are passionate about play! Shop with me or join our amazing team of Play Stylists!
Tag Archives: peekaboo beans stylist
February 7, 2014Posted by on
February 5, 2013Posted by on
Join the Ottawa Peekaboo Beans Team at Funatorium Explorium ~ an event where kids and parents PLAY together! This event is a perfect fit for us Play Stylists! We will be on site with loads of samples to browse through or buy items from our past collections (at a great price) check out our new collection catalogs, and take in some fun activities with the kids! Our Stylists will help answer any questions you have about Peekaboo Beans products or our Play philosophy.
Our Peekaboo Beans booth will be on display for two days:
Sunday February 17th from 9:00-5:00 pm
Monday February 18th from 9:00-5:00 pm
Ernst & Young Centre (formerly named the CE Centre),
4899 Uplands Drive, Ottawa ON (near the airport)
4899 Uplands Drive, Ottawa ON (near the airport)
Stop by for some fun activities, see the FUNdamentals collection in person, and pick up some past seasons pieces at a great price!
At the event you can take part in so many amazing activities, such as:
- PLAY SPACE: Hands-on fun for parents and kids to play together and compete against each other. Rock climbing, Bodyzorbs, Spider Climbing, jousting, obstacle course, GyroGyms, Mobile Spelunking, Lego building, gaming … and much, much MORE!
- SHARED EXPERIENCE CENTRES: Learn how to perform magic tricks, work on cool science experiments, try your hand at juggling, create artwork for a video game … the possibilities are truly ENDLESS!
- FUN CENTRAL (our centre stage): Watch amazing performances from Brad the Balloon Guy, Luv2Groove, The Cow Guys, Eric Leclerc and more! We will also be having a mascot dance party each day! Come bust a move with Riley Racoon, Rodney Raven and all your favourite mascot friends.
- MARKETPLACE: Family-friendly exhibitors. Touch, taste, try and buy! (This is where you’ll find Peekaboo Beans!)
WHEN: February 17-18, 2013
WHERE: Ernst & Young Centre, 4899 Uplands Drive
WHO: Families with children of all ages
PRICE: on-line prices $19.99/ticket or $75 for a family of 4 (+HST)
Here are some highlights from last year’s event!
January 28, 2013Posted by on
There are lots of clothing options out there for us to choose from, and especially with girls it’s hard to resist some of the cute pieces! But with Peekaboo Beans, you really don’t need to look elsewhere for top quality, style and comfort all in one. It really is the trifecta of kids clothing! Here’ are 12 REASONS why we are different (and superior to other brands!)
1. Chin guards – never worry about pinching delicate skin when you zip up a zipper.
2. No small parts. Unlike some kids clothing that is full of embellishments, ours contains no small parts, so there’s no risk of choking. (Especially great for those sensory kids who put clothing in their mouths.)
3. Tangle free strings – our drawstrings are tacked down so they won’t come out. Another bonus, our hoodies do not have drawstrings.
4. Twill tape hem – to stabilize our garments. You’ll also notice that it keeps the ends of our shirts from curling up.
5. A-Line Shape – all of our tops have a great shape, with extra room for little bellies.
6. Flatlock stitching – no bumpy seams to irritate kids!
7. Easy zippers – we’ve found the best zippers for little hands, with flat round zipper pulls to make learning to dress easy.
8. Quality fabric – thick and durable to last! Our products are meant to be passed along to siblings or friends (or even sold on Vintage Beans).
9. Pre-shrunk – nothing like finding a great outfit only to have it shrink beyond use after you wash it. That will never happen with Peekaboo Beans. All of our fabrics are pre-shrunk to ensure perfect fit!
10. Thumb holes – find me a kid who doesn’t love them! Great for keeping sleeves down when layering.
11. Versatility – our collections are meant to mix and match. And now with our FUNdamentals basic collection, you can add pieces throughout the year!
12. Reversible styles! Every season we bring out pieces that are reversible, (like jackets and vests), or convertible (dresses that turn into skirts, or pants that zip off into shorts). It’s our way of making pieces more versatile and fun!
Do you know a child that would love Peekaboo Beans? Email me for more info, firstname.lastname@example.org or to place an order with your own personal shopping account.
January 24, 2013Posted by on
Tactile Sensitivity and the 6 Year Old Diva, or How Peekaboo Beans Saved my Mornings.
(Guest Post by Neal Dawe)
We dread mornings at our house. Not the getting up at 6 a.m. (if we’re lucky). Not the multiple diaper changes (two year old and 8 month old). It’s our six year old – and her ongoing battle with seams, socks and fabrics.
Our daughter has tactile sensitivity, meaning things most kids would never notice about getting dressed can be a major source of aggravation for her, and by extension, my wife and me. Most days I’m the one getting her dressed while my wife deals with the baby and we pray our son stays in bed for a few minutes.
For the longest time it was the same routine in my daughter’s room:
“How about this? You like this colour”.
“No! It pinches me!”
“Ok, how about these?”
“No! Those hurt my legs!”
“Fine – what do you want to wear?”
“My bathing suit?”
“Honey, it’s a school day”.
Finding clothes that meet her needs and seemingly were made with her in mind has been a godsend. Little things that most people don’t even consider – flat seams, thumb holes in the arms allowing her to avoid bunching when she puts on a jacket, loose fitting legs with a snug elastic waist – make her Peekaboo Beans clothes her undisputed favourites. That makes her life (and our mornings) 100% easier.
It’s not well understood why some kids have tactile sensitivities, the upshot is the same. She can love an item of clothing in the store, or even to try it on for a few minutes. But actually wearing it – sitting, moving, running, generally being a child – can be an ordeal if the fabric, fit and design aren’t right.
Some might think our daughter is just being a Princess, wanting what she wants when she wants it. Believe me, that was our first thought too. After dealing with this for years and finally reaching out for help to doctors, psychologists and Occupational Therapists, we know understand that she’s not doing this on purpose. Her tactile sensitivities are part of a real disorder, Sensory Perception Disorder (SPD) and it’s something she can’t control.
Now, that’s not to say she isn’t a Princess. She is. Very much so. That’s also why Peekaboo Beans works for us. Anything considered stylish, fun and even “cool” by our own redheaded diva are rare and prized indeed. Right up there with Justin Bieber and iCarly. There are lots of “cool” clothes though, she can go to the mall and find stores full of faux-80s glam clothes she simply adores – on the rack. And she will beg for them, occasionally even getting them, but despite the early onset peer pressure of Elementary school she still can’t bear to actually wear them.
I’m so thankful my wife discovered Peekaboo Beans; it’s made all the difference for our daughter, allowing her stay “cool” while staying warm, relaxed and comfortable at same time.
January 8, 2013Posted by on
January 6, 2013Posted by on
We have lots of great deals on our Fall/Winter 2012 collection! Why not pick up a piece or two to try out the line if you haven’t yet, or if you are a fan, grab some pieces for next year! Contact me to order: email@example.com. Receive FREE Shipping from me on your Fall 2012 order – just tell me you saw this post! Free shipping offer expires January 20th, 2013.
December 20, 2012Posted by on
December 16, 2012Posted by on
Our Director of Play and Founder Traci Costa recently shared this message in our monthly Beans Bulletin. It was a message I can so relate to, as I’ve been there – in a job that I was miserable in for far too long. I’m so fortunate to now be doing something that I love! Owning my own business as a Play Stylist brings me so much joy. Read Traci’s message about we can have it all; a job we love, a family too, and the best working environment in the world :
“How many of you had dreaded going to a job, have cringed when the alarm goes off, felt sad to miss out on an important event in your Beans lives. Or maybe you have a job that you love, but want something to channel your inner entrepreneur, a creative or social outlet, to be part of your community, to make something yours.
At some point, we have all been there. Paid our dues, put in our time for someone else, learned our lessons, worked hard, had a boss that didn’t treat people right. I have been there. It is one of the reasons I am so passionate about creating a working opportunity for women, and particularly for mothers. Why can’t work be fun, why can’t we make a difference, why can’t we embrace the people, create goals, achieve them in business and personally. Why can’t we be a stand for the best work environments for mothers, at the Playground or by creating self employment opportunities for women and mothers everywhere.
So I say it again, find what you do, and it will never feel like a day of work ever……create your own destiny, be your own boss, join a family that cares. Peekaboo Beans cares. I care.
So here I am today, asking you to help make a difference in the world, with me. Together. Let’s be the change. Lets:
- Be a reminder everyday to give children space, time and freedom to find themselves, to find their strengths, weaknesses, and to fall down and get back up. Play is their work. Play is what children do when we stop telling them what to do, where to be, or who to be with.
- Be a stand for a quality product – by choosing a Company that respects our customer’s money and values that they want to spend their hard earned dollars on our product. A Company that thinks about the way children move, jump, bend, run, skip, and play, but also fosters independence. A Company that believes in children and thinks about what is best for them. A Company that puts family first. A product that is quality and not consumable. Produced with love and care.
- Be a stand for creating the best working environments that fosters people, values, and gives back and is socially responsible.
We can have all this, we can do all this. All we have to do is share our story, share our passion. All we have to do is believe. But we have to do this together. One vine. Standing together through thick and thin. I will continue to spread the joy, to be a stand for our product and be a stand for my Beans and yours.
In love and play,
Looking for more? Find out how you can be a part of our team!
November 15, 2012Posted by on
Our long awaited Playjamas have finally arrived! Pick some up for only $58 including a cool nylon bag. What I love about these Playjamas is that they can also be worn as loungewear or playwear around the house. They are versatile, comfortable and so cute!
And guess what… they could be yours FREE! I am giving away a pair of Playjamas to one of my lucky fans! Here’s what you need to do to enter:
1) Leave a comment telling me how pajamas are a part of your Christmas/holiday family tradition (and what size/colour you would choose)
2) Sign up to my newsletter list – HERE.
3) Like my Facebook Fan page – HERE.
Contest ends on Sunday November 24th at 10pm EST. Can’t wait for the contest? You can always order a pair! I will honour FREE SHIPPING on any Playjamas ordered until November 24th. Email me firstname.lastname@example.org to order.
October 31, 2012Posted by on
Want to learn more about becoming a Stylist with Peekaboo Beans in Ottawa?
Join us for a no obligation meet-and-greet over coffee to learn all about Peekaboo Beans and the opportunity to run your very own business
as a Play Stylist. We will share Peekaboo Beans’ passion, vision, and all the rewards that come from starting your own business! These rewards include generous commission, tax benefits, a 50% product discount and stylist recognition programs.
We welcome you to bring a friend as well, the more the merrier!
All participants will be entered into a fabulous door prize draw!
Choose one of THREE events on different dates & locations to suit your schedule:
Wednesday November 7th
Sippy Cup Café
1104 Klondike Road
Thursday November 15 th
Two Monkeys Coffee & Teahouse
14-4100 Strandherd Drive
Wednesday Nov 21 st
Smart Space Organizing
5450 Canotek unit 68